Bands battle and raise funds for HHS Debate

Sophomore Luke Angello shreds on his guitar while freshman Jake Laifer keeps the beat during last week’s Battle of the Bands.

Jennifer Klein, Editor-in-chief

Last Friday some of our most talented students performed in Battle of the Bands in front of over 150 fans.  Musically talented kids at our school form bands or perform solo, working months in advanced for their performances.

Battle of the Bands is a fundraiser for HHS Debate, and also serves for an opportunity for students to show off their talents.  Bands including  The First Impression, The Spicy Boys, Under Orion, Crimson Rebellion, and Arthur Itis rocked the auditorium.

“The First Impression did their first performance at battle of the bands and we definitely made a good ‘first impression,'”  sophomore Luke Angello said.  “The week leading up to the event, we practiced every day.  I always have a great time playing in front of people and showing off my talent.”

Bands performed covers of songs from artists such as Tom Petty, The Eagles, The Foo Fighters, Yellowcard.  Some of the bands at HHS even performed originals that were written by the students themselves.  All performers showed great support to the other bands, complimenting their work and talents.  The crowd went wild after every song, and the energy in the air was contagious.

“Although we have a killer music program at HHS, there aren’t too many outlets for people who play in rock or pop bands to perform,” Debate adviser Robert Fenster said.

While there is only one Battle of the Bands a year, the Variety Show is coming up in March, and Unplugged follows in June.  If you want to watch the raw talent of some of your own peers, be sure to attend the upcoming shows!