Project Graduation in Need of Volunteers

Project graduation has been able to make each years graduating class have a fun and safe graduation night

published under fair use

Project graduation has been able to make each year’s graduating class have a fun and safe graduation night

Heather Suraci, Editor-in-chief

As the class of 2020 enters their last and final year of high school, there are many milestones to look forward to as the year progresses. There is their final spirit night, the senior picnic and senior prom. However, the  most significant event that trumps all is the night of graduation. Following the graduation ceremony, seniors are bused to Dave & Buster’s, located in Franklin Mills to enjoy a fun filled night with games, raffles and music. This memorable experience is all thanks to Hillsborough High School’s Project Graduation. 

The unforgettable night is fully funded by HHS Project Graduation. This organization is able to provide transportation, activities, food, commemorative t-shirts, and much more to the graduating class. The event is completely free to any senior who wants to attend.

Through conducting various fundraisers throughout the school year, Project Graduation is able to make this event completely free to all seniors. This organization is not funded in any way by the high school or Board of Education.  So, the help and donations from the community fully fund the program and help achieve the financial requirements.Two of the biggest fundraising events for the organization are the annual prom dress sale and the fashion show.

Despite the fact that these two big fundraisers are later in the school year, there are still plenty of other opportunities for students at HHS to help Project Graduation achieve its goals. Currently, students are selling candy bars in efforts to raise money as well as volunteering their time for shake-a-cans in front of local businesses. 

Project Graduation is always seeking new helping hands for fundraising help. If you are interested in attending Project Graduation meetings or wish to volunteer for any fundraising events, email the head of the organization, Robyn Kimmelman ([email protected]) to see how you can get started. Meetings take place in room 302 at 7:30 p.m. on the following dates: 11/20, 12/18, 1/14, 2/19, 3/18, 4/14 and 5/20.