Netflix is keeping people entertained during boring times

Junior+Melissa+Tucker+sits+down+to+relax+as+she+watches+her+favorite+show+on+Netflix%2C+Vampire+Diaries.+

Allie Tucker

Junior Melissa Tucker sits down to relax as she watches her favorite show on Netflix, Vampire Diaries.

Sean Levonaitis and Lexi Nielsen

As each week goes by being locked up in our houses from the frightening Corona Virus,  people have been looking for new shows, or movies, to watch on programs like Netflix to keep themselves busy and away from the boredom slowly getting closer and closer as each day passes. Netflix has been doing an outstanding job bringing us new movies and episodes of shows to meet the viewers needs. This is the top ten, five movies and five shows, on Netflix currently along with summaries to offer a better understanding of each individual program.

Top Movies:

1. Triple Frontier- Starring Ben Affleck, the movie starts with a former Special Forces operatives reunite to plan a heist in a sparsely populated multi-border zone of South America. For the first time in their prestigious careers, these unsung heroes undertake this dangerous mission for themselves instead of the country. But when events take an unexpected turn and threaten to spiral out of control, their skills, their loyalties, and their morals are pushed to a breaking point in an epic battle for survival.
  2. Platform- The movie opens up with a man strangely held in a vertical cell with many others below or above him. Depending on your position in the jail, a table of food passes through each cell, starting from top to bottom, feeding each cellmate and lessening the amount of food after each stop. While the top cellmates thrive with lots of food being packed, the lower levels start to have a problem with starvation.
  3. Hush- A deaf writer who retreated into the woods, with only herself in company and one other house nearby, she lives a solitary life. During one of her nights, a masked killer appears in her window and she must fight for her life in silence.
  4. Inception- One of the most well known actors, Leonardo DiCaprio, is Dom Cobb who is a thief with the rare ability to enter people’s dreams and steal their secrets from their subconscious. His skill has made him a hot celeb in the world but has also cost him everything he loves. Cobb gets a chance at redemption when he is offered a seemingly impossible task: Plant an idea in someone’s mind. If he succeeds, it will be the perfect crime, but a dangerous enemy anticipates Cobb’s every move.
  5. All the Bright Places- Having many known actors like Luke Wilson and Keegan Michael key, the movie is about two people struggle with the emotional and physical scars of their past. They discover that even the smallest moments can mean something.

Top Shows:

1. All American- Every viewer, especially sports lovers, have been going crazy over this show. All American is all about football and a young, high school football phenom, Spencer James and the two families whose homes he shares after transferring from Crenshaw to Beverly High
  2. That 70s show-A comedy revolving around a group of teenage friends, their mishaps, and their coming of age, set in 1970s Wisconsin. Eric Forman is a typical high school student growing up in Wisconsin in 1976 with his family and his friends.
  3.  Breaking Bad- Set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, between 2008 and 2010, Breaking Bad follows Walter White, a meek high school science teacher who transforms into a ruthless player in the local methamphetamine drug trade, driven by a desire to provide for his family after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
  4. Tiger King: Murder,Mayhem and Madness- This show series focuses on the small but deeply interconnected society of big cat conservationists like Carole Baskin, owner of Big Cat Rescue, and collectors such as Exotic, who Baskin accuses of abusing and exploiting wild animals.
  5. Vampire Diaries- It follows the life of Elena Gilbert, a teenage girl who has just lost both parents in a car accident, as she falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore. Elena’s brothers do their best to protect Elena as they face various villains and threats to their town, including Katherine.

Hillsborough Junior student, Melissa Tucker, has been watching the Vampire Diaries the past couple weeks to keep herself busy. “Quarantine hasn’t been fun but to keep busy and make myself not die of boredom, I have been watching the Vampire Diaries,” Tucker said. “It’s the most action packed 8 seasoned show you can watch and it’s the best time killer.”