Updates on Graduation Provide Welcome News

High+school+students+wait+patiently+to+receive+their+diplomas.+

courtesy of Hillsborough Township Public Schools

High school students wait patiently to receive their diplomas.

Christopher Digricoli, Staff Writer

With the statewide regulations finally returning to somewhat normal after almost a year and a half since the CoronaVirus struck the United States, Hillsborough High School students are on track to have normal graduation.

Graduation will be held at the Cure Insurance Arena in Trenton, New Jersey on June 21 at 10 am rather than having it outside on the football field. The Arena can allow for more guests to attend (4 guests per graduate) and a chance for the entire class of 2021 to graduate together, rather than two separate ceremonies on our home football field.

Masks will be required to ensure the safety of all participants and spectators present. Social distancing may also be enforced depending on the guidelines the state provided at that moment in time. Graduates will be seated six feet apart with special HHS 2021 masks.

Tickets will be provided to each graduate to distribute to their guests, but those who will not be in attendance have the chance to live to stream it. Due to the size of the graduating class, practice will not be able to be hosted at the high school as it normally is. Instead, seniors are to report to school at 7:30 am, the morning of Graduation to take a bus to the Cure Insurance Arena and complete a walk-through and practice there.

With all the changes that the class of 2021 has had to endure, the opportunity to have normal graduation with everyone in the class excites many of those graduating and rounds out the year in a proper fashion.