Grace Toth Commits to Rutgers

photo courtesy of Keith A. Muccilli

Toth commits to Rutgers.

Jenna Caruso, Staff Writer

This October, Junior Grace Toth committed to Rutgers University to play women’s lacrosse. As many know, college sports are extremely competitive, and it is very impressive to play at a Division I school. Not only did the athlete, who has been on varsity since her freshman year, commit to a Division I college, but she did so at the start of her junior year of high school, which demonstrates her immense skill and dedication to the sport.

Toth will join an exceptional roster, for Rutgers’s women’s lacrosse team had one of its best seasons in 2021 and even broke school records. The varsity athlete has been playing lacrosse for as long as she can remember, and her love for the sport constantly grows. When asked if playing in college was always a dream of hers, she replied that she “always dreamed of playing lacrosse in college, but I never thought I could make that dream a reality until I started working really hard to push for that goal.” 

So far in her high school career, Toth’s favorite part about playing lacrosse for Hillsborough has been being able to play the sport she loves with her friends.

“I really enjoy game days and I love the atmosphere that is created every year with a new group of girls because we really are just one big family,” Toth stated. 

Toth graduates from Hillsborough in the spring of 2023 and so has two seasons left playing lacrosse for Hillsborough High School. Although she still has her junior and senior years to complete, Toth can not wait to make lifelong friends and is  “excited to play at a higher level in college and be able to be a part of such a great program.” 

Best of luck to Grace Toth on the rest of her lacrosse career at Hillsborough High School, and congratulations on committing to Rutgers!