HHS Theatre Kicks off Year with “Game of Tiaras”

Charlotte Bruchey

Game of Tiaras opens this Friday. Performance is set for 7:00 p.m.

Dani Biondi and Charlotte Bruchey

After a successful three-show season last year, the HHS Theatre Company is gearing up for their fall play, titled Game of Tiaras. Loosely based on Shakespeare’s King Lear, the play follows three sisters: Cinderella, Ellie, and Belle in their quest for power over their kingdom. Game of Tiaras features comedy, action, and drama, as well as real quotes from Shakespeare’s play. 

Assistant directed by senior Sinara Sood and sophomore Thomas Frazzetto and developed by a Creative and Administrative team, the students are truly in control of the creative and administrative process for the show. Student leadership is a main focus of the Production Company:

“Being a leader doesn’t mean you have to be perfect, it just means you have to work hard and set a good example, and being both producer and AD has taught me that” Sood said.

This year’s show features many performers, taking up roles as guards, princesses, narrators, or even a Blood Packet Guy. Freshman Dylan Falzone is making his HHS debut as Prince Charming, a role he believes has been rewarding to develop and play.

“This role is so out of my comfort zone, and I try to improve on it every day,” Falzone said. “It’s helped me learn my habits as an actor and explore new territory.”

Game of Tiaras is eccentric, demanding from its actors the ability to deliver comedy in a timely and effective manner.

“My role has helped me realize that it is ok to act ridiculous even when you feel so stupid doing it,” sophomore Charlee McLaughlin said. “I’ve had to say some absolutely ridiculous things during this show, so being this show has shown me that saying something that might sound a little stupid, is ok.” 

Game of Tiaras will have two evening performances: Nov. 5 and 6, both at 7:00 p.m. in the HHS auditorium. Whether you’re looking for a laugh, are a longtime Disney princess fan, or want to see some of your favorite teachers interact with the audience in the Front of House, this show has something for everyone. Tickets are available now on hill.booktix.com for $10, or at the door for $13.