Spring Break offers Raiders some well-deserved rest and relaxation

by Morgan Hughes

Spring break offers a chance to change latitudes and get a taste of exotic climates.

Jennifer Klein, Editor-in-chief

No matter who you are, teacher or student, freshman or sophomore, everybody takes full advantage of spring break to finally getting away from school and recharge the battery.  Whether you use the time to get away and go on vacation, or catch up on your zzzzzzzzzzz’s, everyone loves getting a break from their hectic lives.

“I think I saw maybe two people on this spring break and slept most of the time,but I still didn’t want it to end,” senior Morgan Van Doren tweeted.

Junior Mike Cavallo traveled to South Carolina to visit family.  Every morning Cavallo took his grandpa out to breakfast, and later went out hunting and hiking with his family.

Senior Morgan Hughes and sophomore sister Alex went on a cruise out of Miami to St.Thomas, Tortola, and the Bahamas.  While in St.Thomas the Hughes sisters and their family went on an excursion to St.John to go snorkeling.

“I enjoyed spending time with friends and meeting new people on the cruise,” Alex Hughes said.  “It was a blast to be able to have time off from school!”

Sophomore best friends Izzy Ganas and Chase Ballah went on vacation together to Riviera Maya.  Ganas and Ballah went parasailing, jet skiing, snorkeling, and swam with dolphins.

“I’m just shocked I didn’t get sick of being with Chase since we were together for so long,” Ganas said.  “I had the best time with her.”

Many juniors and seniors used the free time to visit college campuses.  Junior Danny Kozimbo visited Georgetown, Maryland, and Johns Hopkins.

“Georgetown I absolutely loved,” Kozimbo said. “The campus was beautiful, their academics and values were great, and the people seemed really enthusiastic about the school.  Plus, it’s right outside of DC, which is basically my favorite city.”

Senior Shaun Consentino visited West Virginia, one of his top choices.

“The campus was really nice and compact which was cool,” Consentino said. “I’m not committed yet, but it is definitely somewhere I can see myself being at and having a great time.”

Senior Matt Di Domenico narrowed down his top choices to Virginia Tech and the University of Maryland. After visiting the University of Maryland on an Accepted Students day, Di Domenico was able to commit to his dream school.

“After visiting the University of Maryland for Accepted Students Day, I can confidently say that I am going to be a Terp,” Di Domenico said.

One thing is for sure, spring break offers the opportunity for some much needed respite and even some some lasting memories.