Loud Speakers Club holds BOROtalks to enthralled audience

courtesy of Aayush Goradia

Loud Speakers Club held BOROtalks on April 8. Speakers included teachers and students who spoke on the themes innovation and success.

Ashley Gill, Editor-in-chief

On April  8, the Loud Speakers Club held its second annual BOROtalks. The event was modeled after TEDTalks, a daily podcast that gives speakers a platform to voice their opinions on worldwide issues. BOROtalks featured student and teacher speakers to share their thoughts on innovation and success.

Loudspeakers is a relatively new club, created just last year. The founder and president of the club, junior Aayush Goradia, was inspired by his passion for public speaking and leadership. This year, however, the event garnered more attention and audience numbers, which doubled from 40 to nearly 80 this year.

By creating Loudspeakers Club, I wanted to reach out to the community and try to address this need through organizing events such as BOROtalks that would not only show the importance of public speaking skills for success in life, but would also allow for the sharing of new perspectives on topics such as happiness, innovation, and success,” Goradia said.

Not only do forums like BOROtalks allow students deeper insight within the field of public speaking, they also offer new opportunities to share their ideas on a range of topics. The speeches featured ideas on qualities of success, pushing limits, forging your own path, the significance of networking, and more. As an audience member, it was interesting to hear my peers’ and teachers’ opinions on how to achieve success.

Adviser Melissa Blevins is extremely enthusiastic about the message Loud Speakers’ delivers.

“They [the students] are all so motivated and passionate and I love how the ideas once scratched out on pieces of paper became raging successes in actuality,” Blevins said. “The students totally make this organization what it is, and it’s an honor to work with them.”

On April 22, the Loud Speakers Club will also be going to the middle school for a student outreach when they will introduce middle school students to public speaking workshops.

Not only does Loud Speakers Club allow students to educate themselves on new ideas and topics, it also gives them the opportunity to refine their public speaking skills and a platform to express their own opinions.