Homecoming Dance arrives late, but shines nevertheless

courtesy of Milan Rose

The crowd was amped to enter Homecoming and dance the night away.

Eric Booth, Staff writer

The annual Homecoming dance, presented by HHS Student Council, occurred this weekend in the commons, after two months of delay. Working around different activities and scheduling conflicts, the dance that was originally scheduled in October was moved due to electrical issues and a fire hazard. However, the wait was well worth it because the night was a definite success.

The wait for the dance may have been longer than some expected but it did not lower the excitement and spirit. Hundreds of sharply dressed HHS students gathered in the beautifully decorated Commons for a fun night of dancing with friends. The “Hollywood” themed dance was decked with famous movie posters, balloons, and even a red carpet. Volunteers along with members of the Student Council worked to make the commons look great. 

“I felt like a movie star,” sophomore Jaden Bailey said. “The whole night was a great time and I love seeing all of my friends dressed up all nice!”

The night was filled with pictures, music, and of course dancing. Although many were pleased with the soundtrack, the Dj’s decision to play “Bad Blood” by Taylor Swift as the ending song got some heat from students. But other favorites like “Teach Me How To Dougie” and “Black Beatles” were hits with the crowd.

So, despite being a late Homecoming, it was still an awesome event put together by the Student Council. Everyone will be looking forward to Snowball, coming this February. Thank you to the teachers and volunteer chaperones, along with the police who helped to keep the dance safe. Without you all, these dances would not be possible.