Girls basketball looks to turn around season

The Lady Raiders took to the court against North Hunterdon earlier this year. The Raiders lost a close 47-43 game to the Lions.

by Paul Freda, with permission

by Paul Freda, with permission

Brooke McCormick, Staff Writer

Girls basketball is entering the second half of their season with a record of five wins and 13 losses. Victories came against Pennsauken, New Brunswick, Vernon, Montgomery, and Mount St. Mary.

Unfortunately, the Lady Raiders fell to foes Watchung Hills, West Windsor-Plainsboro North, and North Hunterdon. Although they have 13 losses, most of these could have easily been wins for them as the point differential for the majority of their games has been ten points or less.

When asked about how the team will continue to improve its record, senior Liz Reilly shared her thoughts.

“We will continue to work hard at practice and apply what we do in practice to our gameplay,” Reilly said.

That being said, Hillsborough has games coming up this week against Bridgewater-Raritan, Mount Olive, and Belvidere.

On Thursday, February 2, Hillsborough will be playing an away game at 7:00 pm against rival Bridgewater Raritan, who is currently 9-7. Although the two schools are a close distance from one another, this will be the first matchup between the two teams this season. Furthermore, it should be an exciting game due to the rivalry between the two towns.

This Saturday, Hillsborough has a home game at 1:00 pm against Mount Olive, who are currently 2-12. This is the first time in which these two teams will be playing against each other, but a comparison of their respective records suggests the Raiders could very well notch their sixth win of the season.

On Feb. 7, Hillsborough has an away game against Belvidere at 7:00 pm. Due to Belvidere’s record of 8 wins and 11 losses, it will be a tough game for the Lady Raiders, but if they play hard, the girls may be able to pick up another win.

Although they have a tough week ahead, girls basketball still has a chance to turn its season around. Come support the Lady Raiders at their upcoming games this week.

• Girls basketball looks to turn around season

J.R. Spencer influences the lives around him

Dr. Colontino takes unique path to become school psychologist

Yarasheski named Educational Services Professional of the year

Boys swim gives impressive performance to win third at Conference Championships

Holocaust and Genocide class puts on exhibit

Fortnite takes over gaming universe

Boys swim defeats Marlboro to advance in state competition

World Views

Puppy Bowl features fierce competitors

World Views

Falcon Heavy successfully launched into space