Grapplers continue to grind despite rocky road

From left to right, juniors Mike Dinardi, Anthony Donnadio, and Kevin Faulkner pose with sophomore Emilio Guerrero Nieto and some hard-earned hardware after the East Brunswick Invitational. The team finished in third place.

courtesy of Ronald Dolenti

courtesy of Ronald Dolenti

Jennifer Klein, Editor-in-chief

The Boro wrestling team has been through some rough patches this season, yet the squad continues to persevere through the difficulties.

January was a tough month for the dual meets as we were hit with the injury bug,” head coach Ronald Dolenti said.  “But we did well at the county tournament placing 5th out of 12 teams.”

Coach Dolenti recognizes the boys’ hard work throughout the season and their willingness to stay dedicated to the program in the face of all challenges.  The amount of intense work that the boys put in every day is what drives Dolenti to continue to build the best wrestlers possible.

“We have a great group to build the future on,” Dolenti said.  “I want us to finish strong and continue to improve.”

Dolenti acknowledges the team is led by grapplers Mike Dooley, Kevin Faulkner, Anthony Donnadio, and Josh Villa.

“At first, it seemed like things were off, but the amount that this group has grown and improved over the season is unimaginable,” senior Josh Villa said.  “It feels like I have been wrestling with them for a lifetime and I’m more than proud of my guys.”

“For such a young team, we really are the underdogs at some matches and the turnout is not always what we wish for,” senior Nick Pezza said.  “We do better than most people could expect, though.”

The boys look forward to the end of the season as they will be looking to send individuals to the NJSIAA State Championships in Atlantic City, held March 3-5.  

• Grapplers continue to grind despite rocky road

J.R. Spencer influences the lives around him

Dr. Colontino takes unique path to become school psychologist

Yarasheski named Educational Services Professional of the year

Boys swim gives impressive performance to win third at Conference Championships

Holocaust and Genocide class puts on exhibit

Fortnite takes over gaming universe

Boys swim defeats Marlboro to advance in state competition

World Views

Puppy Bowl features fierce competitors

World Views

Falcon Heavy successfully launched into space