First Look: Spirit Night Videos 2017

Senior Circus and the class of 2017 will look to earn its fourth straight Spirit Night Video award.

Grant Gibbs, Staff Writer

It’s now March, and that means that Spirit Night preparations are in full swing! Perhaps one of the most important events people look forward to are the ten minute films each grade puts out for the school’s viewing pleasure. The Voice sat down with this year’s directors from each grade to discuss the plans for their movies.

Freshman Ty Kang is one of the directors of the Class of 2020’s debut flick, centering around their theme of “Freshman Fame.” Kang told The Voice that the video will follow two characters who want to achieve fame within the school. By doing so, the characters will ask all the other more “famous” grades in the school for advice to help them on their journey. Olivia Rutigliano and Lucas Klein are due to star.

Joey Dunphey, director of the Sophomore Sports Center film, has a lot to live up to after the solid Freshman Force video he and his classmates put out last year. This year’s plot will focus on a guy who gets trapped inside the Sports Center TV network and must compete in various sports in order to be freed. Sean McGrath will be starring as the TV watcher gone athlete.

Junior Jack Edwards, one of the directors of the New Jersey Juniors’ Spirit Night video says that their video is “All about New Jersey.” That goes without saying, of course, however their story will focus on a student who is new to New Jersey and has to figure out how things work around here. David Yost and Isabella Ganas will star in the NJ themed film.

The past three years has resulted in the class of 2017 winning the Spirit Night video category and this year the class will go for four straight. Will they do it again? “Yes,” Ashley Gill, one of the directors and main screenwriters told The Voice in a very confident manner. “Ever since freshman year we’ve always made it our goal to be different and come up with unique ways to build on our previous year’s film. Senior Circus will be the best Spirit Night video that this school will ever see.”

Senior Circus’s story follows the origin of the clown epidemic that occurred earlier this school year. The film will star Nick Manuelli as a clown with a series of unfortunate events.

From the looks of it, this year will be a monumental one for Spirit Night videos. There is so much talent among the grades that each video will not disappoint. May 5 can’t come soon enough!