English teacher Vincent Cuccaro is a gem of the building

by Sean Jackson

English teacher Vincent Cuccaro always brings high-energy and enthusiasm to his classroom.

Sean Jackson, Staff writer

The home of the Raiders is replete with outstanding teachers and aids that are here to benefit the students and lend helping hands. English teacher Vincent Cuccaro has been a part of the HHS staff for four years and has already made himself a favorite among students.

“I absolutely love working at Hillsborough High School,” Cuccaro said. “The students and staff make this school great. The school spirit everyone has is contagious. Everyone is very friendly and it makes school fun and enjoyable.”

Many sophomores and juniors will have to take the SAT within the next year or so if they wish to use their scores for future college admissions. Hillsborough High School offers a very beneficial SAT Prep course as a half year elective. Cuccaro is one of several teachers who teach the course to prepare students for success.

“Helping students get into their choice of college or getting an outstanding score on the SAT’s is extremely rewarding,” Cuccaro said.

Many students currently in the school or recently graduated alumni have had a class with Cuccaro. However, if you have not taken SAT prep, you should know it gives you a great chance to experience Cuccaro’s style of teaching. He is very involved and cares about each and every one of his students. He is a very down to earth guy, while still being very professional. Not only is he liked by many students, he is well-liked by his staff as well. Cuccaro has a very good relationship with many other teachers within the school.

“Some of my best friends are teachers at this school,” Cuccaro said. “We all work together for the common goal of helping students reach their full potential. Having a great working relationship with other teachers is a great resource. All the teachers in the building push one another to make each other better and improve.”

Not many teachers get to say that they have received a reward for their outstanding teaching. However, Cuccaro is fortunate enough to say differently. He won the “teachers that make magic” award in the 2016-2017 school year. Through a nomination, he won an award because of the bonds he make with the students and fellow teachers.

I was very honored and flattered to win the award,” Cuccaro said. “I consider myself extremely lucky because countless other teachers in this building are truly deserving of this award.”

Many teachers do not teach for a thank you or to win a reward. They do it because every student and school needs teachers, and they are making a difference. However, if you have had Cuccaro or heard about him, you know the types of bonds he creates. So, take a minute to give him a thank you, a congratulations, or even just a hello to recognize him for the difference he makes here at HHS.