House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Chocolate filled and crème brûlée cupcakes are just two of the many cupcake wonders to try at House of Cupcakes.

by Lindsey Baum

by Lindsey Baum

Lindsey Baum and Meghan Patel

The food business is one of the most competitive there is. Countless eateries toil all day, everyday, with little notoriety given for their craft. However, a select few are able to compete at the highest level on one of the numerous reality shows found on the small screen.

House of Cupcakes in Princeton is one of the chosen few. In 2011, the local bakery was recruited to be on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, taking first place on the prestigious competition. Since then, business has been booming, and with good reason. It recently renovated its store on Witherspoon Street.

The chocolate-filled cupcake was particularly delightful. In terms of filling, the chocolate cream complemented the decadent cake perfectly; the icing was also light, and had a perfect level of sweetness.

In addition, the lemon cupcake was a perfect rendition of a tasty lemon meringue pie. With a great ratio of icing to cake, this treat is sure to wow.  

Another classic cupcake on offer is the red velvet. The cream cheese frosting provides the perfect level of sweetness avoiding an overbearing artificial taste. Combined with a deep red chocolate cake, the cupcake combined all the right melodies of taste that definitely leaves you wanting more.

“Those cupcakes were super good,” junior Shreya Kaul said. “I would definitely go back again.”

The venue itself is the perfect size to keep a small town feel perfect for locals and visitors alike. Next time you’re in need of a sweet treat, head down to House of Cupcakes in Princeton.

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Senior Destinations

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Raiders Take Teen Arts Festival

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Sophomores Rush Into Spirit Night, Finish 3rd

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Junior Jazz takes 2nd place on Spirit Night

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Freshman Party Their Way Through Their First Spirit Night

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

• Features

Spring 2018 HHS Arts Gallery

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

“Breaking In”: A thrilling thriller

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

News

Hillsborough welcomes new Starbucks

• House of Cupcakes is sure to wow

News

Weather Committee is newest addition to physical education department

House of Cupcakes is sure to wow