Princeton University students and town residents support local charities at Truckfest

American-style Egg roll and Oreo cannoli were just a few of the unusual treats on offer at Truckfest.

by Gina Dorsey

by Gina Dorsey

by Gina Dorsey

Brooke McCormick and Gina Dorsey

If you’re looking for great food to help a great cause, then Truckfest is the place to be! Comprised of many food trucks of different types, Truckfest brings together Princeton University students and the surrounding community to fight hunger in New Jersey. The event, held April 21, was put on by the Community Service Inter-Club Council in conjunction with the Pace Council for Civic Values.

Instead of using cash at each of the food trucks, those in attendance used their money to buy tickets, each being two dollars. These tickets could then be redeemed at any of the food trucks for sweet and savory snacks alike. All the money raised at Truckfest was then donated to local charities Meals on Wheels and Mercer Street Friends.

At Truckfest, one can find carnival games, face painting, music, and great scenery. Truckfest took place on Prospect Avenue, right off of Nassau street. Over 15 food trucks met in front of the famous eating clubs of Princeton University. Food trucks from businesses like Jammin’ Crepes, Maddalenas Cheesecake and Catering Inc., and Suzie’s Rolling Wrappers all attended to support a great cause. Some popular items sold were cheesecake on a stick, ice cream and waffles, acai bowls, and American- style egg rolls.

Overall, the food was great, and the beautiful weather encouraged many students and town residents alike to go out and support local charities at Truckfest.

Brooke McCormick, Editor-in-Chief

"That's hella tight" - Kyle Scheible

• Princeton University students and town residents support local charities at Truckfest

Diagnosed with a case of senioritis

Battle Of The Bands showcases local rock talent

5 last minute gift ideas for that special someone on Valentine’s Day

Raiders hockey brings the heat to the ice rink

J.R. Spencer earns Educational Services Professional of the Year title

A rainy St. Patty’s Day in Somerville

Jonas Brothers make successful comeback with song “Sucker”

Op-Ed

Jussie Smollett is innocent until proven guilty and here’s why

Sports

Hillsborough girls basketball concludes a productive season

CYO championship is one for the ages