Princeton University students and town residents support local charities at Truckfest

American-style Egg roll and Oreo cannoli were just a few of the unusual treats on offer at Truckfest.

by Gina Dorsey

by Gina Dorsey

Brooke McCormick and Gina Dorsey

If you’re looking for great food to help a great cause, then Truckfest is the place to be! Comprised of many food trucks of different types, Truckfest brings together Princeton University students and the surrounding community to fight hunger in New Jersey. The event, held April 21, was put on by the Community Service Inter-Club Council in conjunction with the Pace Council for Civic Values.

Instead of using cash at each of the food trucks, those in attendance used their money to buy tickets, each being two dollars. These tickets could then be redeemed at any of the food trucks for sweet and savory snacks alike. All the money raised at Truckfest was then donated to local charities Meals on Wheels and Mercer Street Friends.

At Truckfest, one can find carnival games, face painting, music, and great scenery. Truckfest took place on Prospect Avenue, right off of Nassau street. Over 15 food trucks met in front of the famous eating clubs of Princeton University. Food trucks from businesses like Jammin’ Crepes, Maddalenas Cheesecake and Catering Inc., and Suzie’s Rolling Wrappers all attended to support a great cause. Some popular items sold were cheesecake on a stick, ice cream and waffles, acai bowls, and American- style egg rolls.

Overall, the food was great, and the beautiful weather encouraged many students and town residents alike to go out and support local charities at Truckfest.

• Princeton University students and town residents support local charities at Truckfest

Senior Destinations

Raiders Take Teen Arts Festival

Sophomores Rush Into Spirit Night, Finish 3rd

Junior Jazz takes 2nd place on Spirit Night

Freshman Party Their Way Through Their First Spirit Night

Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

• Features

Spring 2018 HHS Arts Gallery

“Breaking In”: A thrilling thriller

News

Hillsborough welcomes new Starbucks

News

Weather Committee is newest addition to physical education department