Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Seniors+celebrate+their+final+Spirit+Night%2C+where+they+would+later+emerge+victorious.+
Seniors celebrate their final Spirit Night, where they would later emerge victorious.

by Coltrane Borja

by Coltrane Borja

Alex Cole and Michael Shokoff

The Class of 2018 brought home the win this Spirit Night. Bouncing back from disappointment in past years, the seniors brought it together for a night of fun and camaraderie.

One of the biggest wins came with the video, where the seniors took first place. Directed by Elijah Peace and Raphael George, the video followed a team of citizens working to catch the despised Dirty Dan. The movie featured an original score courtesy of Josh Mathew, and editing by Mikey Dinardi.

The seniors’ mural was beautifully painted. Regardless of its third place finish, the grade was incredibly proud of the work.

The student-designed t-shirt was also a source of victory for the grade. The shirt was completed with a “wanted” sign on the back, displaying each student’s last name. Clearly, the judges were big fans.

For the commons display, the seniors earned second place. The rendition of a jail cell was masterfully done. Seniors Colin Downes and Courtney Nielsen helped bring the display together.

To top off a strong performance, the seniors dominated the floor during the evening component of Spirit Night. With victories in the obstacle course relay, gym scooter relay, balloon popping relay, and tic-tac toe, the seniors added to their success.

The seniors also held their own and earned an impressive second place in the overall dance. This was instrumental in order to win Spirit Night. Choreographers Emily Weadock, Britney Komoroski, Isabella Ganas, and Jenna Thornton were vital to the success of the dance. 

It seemed as if the seniors just gelled on the biggest night of the year at HHS. There was a sense of pride, unity, and determination that was just too much for the other grades too handle. Despite three underwhelming performances in previous contests, Senior Saddle Up defeated all, and arose victorious.

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Dominique earns All American honors to cap historic season

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

HHS Gymnastics storms to fifth straight sectional title

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Students get down at Garba

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Boys soccer finishes regular season unbeaten, heads into county finals this weekend

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Homecoming excitement and anticipation set to peak this week

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Hillsborough boys soccer team cements its legacy

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Ryan Mitchell receives state-wide recognition from the cross country community

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

“Dodgy style 2” claims the coveted dodgeball championship

• Seniors win Spirit Night 2018

Jonah Hill directs first movie, “Mid90s”

Seniors win Spirit Night 2018