Freshman Party Their Way Through Their First Spirit Night

by Courtney Nielsen

Freshmen cheer as they ready for their first Spirit Night.

Gina Dorsey, Staff writer

This year, the Freshmen entered Spirit Night with excitement and vigor, with a brand new theme: Freshman Fiesta. Despite their lack of experience, the freshmen performed well in the dance and video, exceeding expectations for the freshman class this year. Although they won may events, the freshman still finished in fourth.

Prior to Spirit Night, the freshmen prepared their mural, commons display, and video to align with their theme. The freshman commons display was of a DJ in a nightclub complete with a disco ball and mannequin DJ. The freshmen received fourth for their mural display.

The freshman video followed the story of a new kid in Hillsborough who went from friend group to friend group looking for a group he would fit into. He fails every time until he decides to throw a party to bring all the groups together. The freshmen placed third for the video.

Additionally, the freshmen painted a mural of a club scene and incorporated dancers, disco balls and colorful decorations amidst a nightclub scene. The freshmen worked on the mural all the way up until Spirit Night; however, they placed fourth again.

However, the class’s efforts paid off when they wrote a creative and original chant. The chant referenced all the grades’ themes and earned them first place among the grades.

The dance earned them fourth place. Choreographers Ava Luongo and Alex Castano worked hard to make sure the dance was upbeat and creative.

Overall, Freshman Fiesta was full of excitement and energy going into their first Spirit Night. They put great effort and heart into the activities and festivities of Spirit Night and it’s only up from here!