Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Seniors of both the boys and girls teams pose for a picture to memorialize their commitment to the program.

courtesy of Sandra Choe

courtesy of Sandra Choe

courtesy of Sandra Choe

Lindsey Baum, News editor

As the Boro girls swim team debarked its bus and headed into the Bridgewater YMCA for its meet against North Hunterdon on January 3, the girls knew they’d face a tough challenge. Down one of their most integral competitors, the girls knew the meet would be a hard-fought battle until the very end.

In the end, though, the team was able to put in a strong effort to earn a tie against a strong North Hunterdon team.

Before this tie, however, there was a celebration scheduled for Hillsborough; the meet also served as Hillsborough’s senior night, in order to celebrate the contributions of all of the graduating seniors.

The team recognized three seniors, all of whom are four-year varsity swimmers. Jordan McChesney, Sankya Parvatrao, and Nicole Zou were all given posters and took pictures with their families on the pool deck.

“I can’t believe that it’s our turn, it feels like just yesterday I was the freshman cheering on the seniors during their senior night,” Parvatrao said. “It definitely made me sad and excited at the same time.”

McChesney helped to lead the way for the team, earning Hillsborough’s only individual win in the 50m Freestyle. She also teamed up with Parvatrao, junior Mae Kinst, and sophomore Danielle D’Ambrosio to win the 200m Freestyle Relay.

A major factor complicating Hillsborough’s task was the absence of one of the team’s strongest swimmers; Junior Katelyn Battagliese was not able to swim in the meet, leaving a gap in the team’s roster.

Junior Aziza Ganihanova starred for North Hunterdon, winning the 200m Individual Medley in 2:31.71 and 100m Backstroke in 1:07.52. She also helped her team win the 200m Medley Relay and the 400m Freestyle Relay.

The Boro girls swim record stands at 3-1-1, and they compete next on Thursday, January 10 at Phillipsburg.

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Baseball opens 2019 with four straight victories

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

National Honor Society welcomes new members

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

New SEB club looks to make change in the community

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Pulitzer Prize winning poet Gregory Pardlo talks to English and history students

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Diagnosed with a case of senioritis

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Junior Jessica Sutter balances javelin with her personal life

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Prom dresses over the years

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Sports

Boy’s track & field prepare for spring season

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Op-Ed

Staying home during spring break? we’ve got you covered

• Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night

Seniors Joe Cseh and Dylan Morrello create Erth Apparel

Boro Girls’ Swim ties on Senior Night